Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Training Day or Training Table

If any of you have ever seen the movie Training Day starring Denzel Washington...shame on you.  That movie is rated R and for good reason.  No, I kid.  I have seen and I think that it is a great movie of one man's struggle to survive in a world amid corruption, violence, and immorality.  That sounds familiar.  For you Provoites out there, isn't that essentially what we will head out into when we leave Happy Valley?  Enough of my preaching about movies, I'm here to preach about food.  I do love my food.  However, we all know it can be a jungle out there, so when you go to Training Table, watch your back.

            Training Table is a little joint that offers you whatever you might be feeling that day, so long as is a burger, a sandwich, or any other American staple food like salad or soup.  They have a fun little method of ordering food that makes you feel like you are ordering out when really you are just ordering in.   Confusing I know, I am still trying to figure them out.  You think that the cooks and cashiers could use a little break every now and then, instead they are stuffed back there forced to fight the smoke and atrophy from not being able to move about.  Sorry, I got so carried away I forgot to tell you what the method is; they have phones and you order your food through a phone and then they buzz you when your food is ready.  Novel or stupid.  Everyboy needs to feel like they are in some future, super high efficient world every now and then.  I guess it's a nice break from the regular world of waiting for your food standing up instead of sitting down.

            As my buddy was calling in his order, he asked for a commonly referred to sauce for fries known in these parts as fry sauce.  Another orginial name, I love Provo and its originality.  So he asks for fry sauce and the girl says, "Uhm, no, we don't have fry sauce."  Confused, he retorts, "What do you mean; I thought you guys have that special dipping sauce...," 

"Oh, you mean our Training Table Original Signature Dipping Sauce...?!"

"Uhhh, sure...," he states dumbfoundedly. 

Who the heck cares what your stupid name for it is, you know what the guy is talking about!  Don't you just love it  when the waitress taking your order makes you sound like your request is something that only an ignoramus moron would ask?.  Like I'm suppose to know what Apple and Calvados Sorbet is?  I don't think so, French waiter dude.  

            In any case the burgers are delightful and you receive a hearty portion of fries to go along with your meal.  There were not many people there during lunch time which made for a nice atmosphere to be able to have a conversation without wiping off the condensation on your neck from the lady's breath from behind you.  It is a good choice although the price is a little steep; just be prepared for anything.  It is remember...the Training Table (that's meant to be lame for you geniuses out there).

 

5 comments:

  1. Training table sucks bro. I mean come on now why should I go to a place where they are SO lazy that they can't even serve you or take your order. How about I come to your restaurant and that on top of me over paying for your burgers, let me also work for you and not get anything for it. Come on now people. Don't let the man take it to us like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet blog. i am trying to get this counter thing to start working:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to write one about Ruby Tuesdays or what?!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and i figured out how to do the counter right so just ask me next time i am over and i will show you.

    ReplyDelete