Monday, March 9, 2009

What's the capital of Thailand?

Is this a restaurant or a hair cuttery?  When I used to get my hair cut ( I generally do it myself these days) I would go to Joe's Hair Cuts  back in Northern Virginia or the new 6$ hair cuts here in Provo.  Most places I got my hair cut in were these skinny little spaces in a strip mall type business.  So when I walked into Bangkok Grill in Orem I was half expecting to get a meal with my haircut.  The space is rather small yet it is very cozy.  As small a restaurant as it is, you will have plenty room to fit a small to medium size party and be far enough away from the other tables that you still have your privacy.  It is a small family owned restaurant and the owner and his family are ready to make your experience as pleasing as possible.

The food isn't half bad either.  To be honest, I can not judge the authenticity of the food there because I am not a Thai connoisseur nor did I order an authentic Thai dish.  I guess it could have been authentic, like I just said I wouldn't know the difference either way.  I got fried rice with Asian sausage and beef.  It wa good.  I would not call it extraordinary as it tasted like many a fried rice I have gotten at many an Asian restaurant.  The food came out quickly though and in a very nice sized portion.  

Just make sure that you bring a canteen with you filled to the brim like you would if you were crossing the Sahara desert.  They are very slow in filling up your water and you have to stare the waitress down if you are thirsty.  It was a pleasant experience and a place that I might go again if I were craving a taste of Thailand.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love the Bangkok Grill, that place is off the hook. I loved the Pad Tai there and have to say it is the best in Provo. and JM it is good to see that you are still writing bro. So, ruby tuesday's...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh. that looks great. i LOOOOVE thai food. thanks for your comments on my blog, JM. they really mean a lot to me. hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete