Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sir Paine, Thomas, Man of Wisdom

"These are the times that try men's souls."

Where have the years gone? What has happened to me? So many opportunities have presented themselves and I have let them pass by; as a river's water carries it downstream it never will see that bend in the river again, that sand, silt, and those rocks, forever lost to the vast ocean to which our opportunities inevitably flow. I've let go of so much so often; I've let love slip through my fingers, I've let my dreams become nothing more than fantasies. Where am I headed? To what end do I set myself up for? Why so many wasted years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds? WHY?

The times that try men's souls are the times that whisper him to give up, give in, and give away. There is no nobler vocation than the pursuit of Happyness. There is no holier and higher calling than being a Man or Woman.

Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.


If I die in pursuing my dreams, than God bless me. If we should lose our lives in pursuing our principles and hopes, we couldn't be happier. It's a scary thought, but my conscience, heart, and soul are nudging me; telling me it is time to go; telling me it is time to live. If I perish on the precipice of hope, than I perish to Heaven's highest virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment