Friday, June 4, 2010

For love's Sake!

Returning home from working out, I had an extra skip in my step, yet at the same time a small chip on my shoulder. My leg hurt so I was ready to just get home and take some medicine--mmmmmm...on my way home I spotted a girl walking towards me on the same path. In the mood I was in I usually wouldn't care to notice anyone walking my way, but I noticed and she noticeably noticed me, then noticed me noticing her, so we mutually noticed each other. It was like I was in middle school again, seeing the cute girl walking towards me, instantaneously not knowing what to do and not wanting to look away because she is so dang cute! I glanced up, she glanced down, she glanced up, I glanced down. When we were about ten feet away from each other I managed a half-attractive smile and said "hey..." She grinned ear to ear and said, "Hi, how are you doing?" As I was about to respond, "great!" the tennis class beginners decided they did not want love to have a chance, one of their balls ricocheting off of a racquet right into the side of my head. As I yelped softly, the girl I was guffawing at put her hands up in a catching posture as if a tennis ball would bowl me over. She asked, "Are you o.k.," to which I responded, "Huh?! Oh yeah, I'm great, thanks, have a good one." I walked away as quickly as I could to hide the redness that invaded the rest of my face. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. haha. This made me chuckle...a lot. It's too bad I'm in class, otherwise I'd LOL! =)

    ReplyDelete